I recently received an invoice from Jumpline, Inc. requesting a payment for hosting www.tanya-khovanova-temp.com. I had never heard of Jumpline before and I didn’t have a webpage with that address. So I thought that it was spam.
Because the invoice had my name and address, I decided to call them and check what was going on. It appeared that Jumpline had swallowed Hosting Rails, the company that was hosting my Number Gossip page. Still, I didn’t have a clue what the invoice was about.
I asked the representative whether the web address was related to Number Gossip, and he said no. So I canceled the hosting. My work schedule is the busiest in July, so I forgot about the invoice and didn’t check my website.
Then I received a letter from Christian, a Number Gossip fan, who told me that the website was down. I called Jumpline again.
It appears that the representative didn’t know what he was doing and misled me. The web address www.tanya-khovanova-temp.com was an internal name for my Number Gossip site. They had deleted all the files and were unable to restore my website.
Now I have to decide what to do. I do not want to go back to Jumpline as they are very unprofessional in these ways:
- hey didn’t notify me that Hostingrails.com no longer exists.
- They didn’t give me a new password that would have allowed me to look at my account. I had to do everything by phone.
- They sent me a confusing invoice that I was certain not to recognize.
- Their representative didn’t have a clue what was going on.
- They couldn’t restore the webpage I had for years although they had only canceled it less than two weeks before.
- The representative promised to connect me to a manager and hung up.
Can anyone suggest a company that can host a website that is written in Ruby on Rails?Share: